UTEP Basketball: Exhibition win over Texas Tech increases hype
Who: Texas Tech , vs. Regardless, unreliable information is better than no information at all. The Miners were balanced and reasonably efficient against Houston Baptist.
- University of Texas at El Paso College of Engineering complex area In , only two years after the school opened, the original campus buildings were destroyed in a fire. The school was rebuilt on its present site in
- Texas Tech opened the season with a convincing victory over Montana State last week in Lubbock. Sophomore quarterback Alan Bowman led the way with an FBS-leading yards to go with two touchdowns through the air and another on the ground.
- His 23 points marked his 43rd career plus points coring game.
- Tyreek Smith. Clarke transfers to Texas Tech after beginning his career at Virginia Tech, while Holyfield is in his final collegiate season after playing three years at Stephen F.
- How to watch UTEP vs. They will head out on the road to face off against UTEP at 8 p.
They accumulated total yards, of which came through the air, and of which came by land. The 36 total points, however, is not particularly impressive.
The Miners averaged Perhaps unsurprisingly, accuracy suffered, and quarterback Brandon Jones completed only 10 of 20 passes.
Jones was sacked three times, which is a terrible result given the relatively few number of pass plays called.
UTEP ball carriers averaged 5. Josh Fields carried the ball seven times and averaged an impressive 8.
- It was a game that saw the Wolf Pack defense play very well while the offense struggled to find consistency in moving the football.
- The Wolf Pack has accumulated over yards of total offense in each of those contests. The defense played lights out for Nevada, only allowing yards of total offense and seven pass completions.
- Could the Miners be even better than originally thought?
- Share on Twitter Sandwiched in between a football bye week, Miner fans were treated to an exhibition opener to the new-look UTEP men's basketball team on Saturday night. For Texas Tech, losing in a game that doesn't count might not mean much.
- Both are run-oriented quarterbacks who have completed fewer than 50 percent of their passes with more interceptions than touchdowns.
Texas Tech basically stifled Montana State, allowing the Bobcats only eight first downs. The Red Raider defense also allowed only rushing yards.
Less impressive, Tech failed to force a turnover. Linebacker Jordyn Brooks , a dark horse All American candidate, led the way for Tech with 11 tackles, one tackle for loss and two quarterback hurries.
basketball games live right now
Safety Douglas Coleman also had a big day with eight stops, while defensive tackle Broderick Washington controlled the line of scrimmage, recording three tackles and 1. There is no reason to think the Miners can block Washington and Brooks.